Sunday, April 29, 2007

So this weekend...

It was Rene's birthday, we went up north just me, Rene, Meesh and Suz to Hearst Castle and San Luis Obispo and boy was it a time to remember. Lets start this off with saying that I have become more high maintenance in the eating department than I ever thought possible. I hate not being able to eat wheat or gluten and that almost everything I crave has both of those products in them. LAME! So that proved to be interesting aspect of the trip, especially when I blatantly ignored the fact that I get deathly ill when I eat wheat and allowed myself to dip into the friendship bread that Suz made for the car ride. Man did I get sick and boy were the girls troopers! Needless to say I learned my lesson and I will not be doing that again.
Saturday we went to the castle and it was Uh-mazing! I would show you photos but wouldn't you know my camera mysteriously erased all the photos minus the guest pool so you are ish outta luck on that one. Afterwards we went to the this cute little beach town and had lunch and then finished up the night at the Madonna Inn for dessert.
Now as soon as the ladies send me photos I will post them cause you will never believe this place. It was out of control gaudy. I mean one of the rooms looked like strawberry shortcake vomited all over the place. It was crazy but man was it fun. There was a dance floor and there was big band music playing and all these couples out there swing dancing and such, oh man was I wishing I could be out there cutting a rug. We later crashed a sweet 16 party downstairs while trying to get our picture on in the moulin rouge bathroom. It was hysterical you guys I seriously had the best time. But the ringer had to be the fact that we went there for a good birthday dessert for my Rene and because we got there so late we got the left overs.
Oh yes friends I am talking the chocolate sheet cake that looks like it came straight from the local Walmart and tasted like it had been sitting there for about two weeks. I went through hell and back tryin to find a waitress, mind you the one that sat us disappeared into the night and was apparently the only waitress for the entire restaurant. Anyhow she was missing in action so I hunted down a busboy and asked him if I could get a piece cake of something for my girl and the boy hooked it up. Now mind you he informed me that it was the bottom of the barrel as far as choices but I didn't realize it was going to be the worst thing that ever crossed the lips of my three good friends. (this is when I was happy I couldn't eat cake, PTL for an allergy to gluten!) Anyhow it turned into one heck of scene but only became that much funnier when we were reminded of the previous nights occurrence....now bare with me cause you may not think this last little bit is funny but if you know me you will laugh and you will enjoy.
So picture this, I'm laying on the bed in the guest house Friday night. I have tears pouring down my face because I am in so much pain from the damn bite of bread I took. (this is not the funny part) anyhow the ladies come in and gathered around me, giving love the way good girl friends do, when Suz says she would like to pray. So we all close our eyes and Suz starts in just interceding for my belly and what not. Then Nae (Rene for those who don't know I call her that) starts praying just for healing over my allergy all together and an ability to have strength to rely on the Lord and yada yada... So while Nae is speaking I'm just talking to the Lord saying things like "Lord just thanks for these girls and their understanding, and I just pray that the people who will come into my life from here on out will understand the pressures....." Ok so this is where it gets funny, now in true Nicci fashion and I suppose most girl like fashion I immediately transfer from the above thought into, "And lord gosh my husband I pray he just has good taste buds and isn't a steak and potato man...oh...oh gosh my husband, oh wait my wedding...no my wedding cake, I'm not going to be able to eat it cause its made from gluten and wheat, oh Freakin A what am I going to do? (worry and laughter start to build)." Meanwhile Rene is still praying and I am trying so hard to hold it in and I just can't so I bust out in laughter in the midst of her prayer, thus startling the others and we all open our eyes and I'm laughing so hard I can't explain what I'm thinking. You guys this was to much, I have been known to go from one topic to another but never that drastic and to that point during a prayer. I was eventually able to get it out and we all laughed so so hard for like 10 minutes that the cake incident the next night just brought that much more to the plate.

ok sorry this could go on forever and most of you will hear this story live over and over I am sure nonetheless for those who aren't that is the 411 on the weekend.
Took lots of photos those will be up soon. The ones I have on my camera are posted now so check it on myspace or flickr. Love you guys.

No comments: