Monday, March 5, 2007

Land of Electricity


My last days in Sierra Leone were amazing. I spent the day at the beach with my house mates. We ate lobster and floated in the Atlantic. I got a sun burn and stayed up late chatting with Cecily. I was empowered by the words the Lord spoke over me and to top it off I got to ride in the helicopter! OK guys this was the coolest thing ever as I was in this monstrous piece of machinery and I was in it all alone. That's right I had a private helicopter ride, how sick is that! I loved it, I was a bit scared getting on the dang thing but it was well worth it!
So then on my way home I had some amazing experiences, I met a team of Evangelists on my flight from Sierra Leone to London, I sat next to the pastor and a woman by the name of Octavia, the second woman I have ever known with this name and had to be equally as amazing as the first. I chatted with them the whole way home and was encouraged by their ministry and heart for God. They actually came back to do some ministering and to bury one of their members who had passed away. (house mates do you remember the funeral we hit on the way home from Kenema, this was them!) Later on in Chicago I got to eat a burrito, how amazing was this! O I cannot even begin to tell you. I did however freeze my butt off as I was sitting there in a tank top a little cardigan light pants and flip flops. I seriously went in to shock walking to the airplane doors. But then the most amazing thing was flying into San Diego, the lights so bright and seriously I was overwhelmed. I mean I couldn't believe the lights, this is something I have always taken for granted. It was a trip to not hear a generator outside my window or mosquito's buzzing around my head. To access the Internet with no issues and the best of all....taking a hot shower with water pressure! This was amazing. I stayed in there forever! I was up til 4 am straightening my room and getting caught up on bills. But then I snuggled into my bed, which I really missed and today I am off to the gym.
As for the doctor stuff...I'm going into tomorrow..keep you posted.

No comments: