Monday, May 14, 2007

Story time with Nicci


So lets chat for a minute about the fact that I am obsessed with trees...yea I don't know what it is but I am so fascinated by them that I will sit and just stare at any one tree for hours...I don't know what it is. But then I was thinking back on a conversation I had with a roommate last year when I was going through this time of purification. We were talking about how people or things can become such a part of who you are that they are like trees rooted in the depths of who you are and to rid yourself of it is similar to taking the a tree from the ground. It rips so much of the earth with it that it leave this hole. The hole is filled and the earth heals in time but its changed.
I was thinking about the last few years and all the things the Lord took from me, all for good reason, but it left this hole that he has been filling in over the last year and I am feeling this newness. I am more alive now than I have been in years and I am walking in this joy that is so refreshing.
So in that I am getting ready to start this book, not just a chapter but a book. I have had closure on things that have been open wounds for a long time, and some delightful new additions to my life. I leave in just over a month for Nash and there I will be starting over on a new adventure with my bff and my new family. There is a new job, a new life, a new love....oh my gosh! Guys keep me in your prayers, I interview this week, Wednesday to be exact. There are so many good things going on that I cant do them justice on here but I would love to talk to you all...BOS THIS MEANS YOU. I don't have your number in Canada so hurry your ass up and contact a sista.

Ok love you guys. I will keep you posted on the moving info and the job info. The number is staying the same for awhile though so you all can call me on my celly.

ps... this is a tree i sat under for hours in Boston isn't it marvelous!

No comments: