Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shhhh....


Today I missed the conversation, the intimate exchange of thoughts and feelings, the challenge and the growth. I thought about the last time that I felt full. Full of Him and awake in what this all means. It's been awhile since I have been there, you know that place where we embrace one
another. Where this all falls into place and at the end of it all I walk away amazed by His splendor. How does it come and go so easily? Why is it this "thing" that I set aside like I can function without it? I can't function. I miss it. I miss it.
So there is this longing that I have and I take it out on others cause I refuse to see it starts with me. I long for the exchange, I fight for it with my spirit. But I miss it with my flesh. I miss it with my intentions and my self crap. Then you come along and I ask you to fill it, and here I am again missing it. I get mad cause you wont give me what I want when all I really need to do is set myself at the his feet. Be quiet and just lay there.
So today I saw that Ive been missing it, and so I'm sitting here at his feet and waiting. Being quiet in hopes that I don't try and fill myself with noise again...but again will happen. So for now I will take that grace that falls like rain and wash myself in it.

2 comments:

Sandra's Latest... said...

Interesting. Nicely put. I've been going to the Int'l Bible Study...and this was exactly our focus...taking time to listen to His gentle whisper. Not easy...but so necessary.

Hope all is well!!

-San-

Unknown said...

Okay, but enough shushhing, write another post already! I keep checking and seeing the shush...enough shushhing! PS: when is the next visit to so you think you can dance? And can I come??