Friday, February 23, 2007

Weiser observations of the week



this week I have made many observations the following is a small insight into such things...
  • When small children are at play it is not a good idea to leave the little kitty you just rescued from the streets in a nest where the little refugee kid who is living with you can step on her and crush her to death!
  • When you are having difficulty going to the bathroom for several weeks it is not a good idea to eat lots of applesauce and apples in one day, it only brings more pain.
  • Some times people can misinterpret the actions and words of another and that can lead to some serious Real World Sierra Leone drama.
  • Little children of Sierra Leone like to say "White girl White girl" when they see me in the morning. Only later reinforcing the fact that my Spanish blood isn't helping me in the color department at all!
  • When you talk to a friend on skype and they have skype as well you can get a really great conversation going. unless of course your internet cuts out a million times over.
  • The Hills on mtv is a dumb show.
  • Nothing compares to your moms loving touch when you feel like you have reached the depths of hell. (miss you mom)
  • When women here in West Africa are in labor they often sit on the woman and beat her stomach to "help" the baby come out. ( there is something seriously wrong with this)
  • When two people spend a lot of time together and the write a blog entry about a dead cat, more specifically a poem, it is cause for hours of debate at the computer cafe.
  • The idea of giant people who can catch me while I jump off the the ledge into their arms isn't such a bad thought....(good one Just I like it so much I wish it were true!)
  • "Overheard in New York" is a sick website.
  • Stirring the pot is one of my favorite pass times.
  • Reading in a book with your 7th grader about the handy work of the Lord can cause so many tears its difficult to continue reading.
  • Both my house mates are copy "cats" with that photo of pamplemoose.
  • Conversations at 11pm are prime for the Lord to show His grace and to show how He divinely brings his children together.
  • Choosing to take care of oneself is not a sign of failure but rather the opposite. To walk away from perfectly good experiences and relationships is not the easiest of things to do, but some times the most necessary. I will not look at myself as though I am not worthy of the grace that is freely offered and I will not ignore the importance of taking care of the gift I have been given. There is purpose behind the knowledge we are given and the freedom to walk in it.

No comments: