Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Almost one full year...what?!


Dig the photo of me...yeah I'm a mother of a almost one year old!! ha. SO CRAZY! I can't believe she is almost 1!!! They say it goes fast and it does.

So this last year more changes have happened. I mean every year for the last three something major has happened. 2007 I moved to Nashville, 2008 I married my best friend, 2009 I had my baby girl and now 2010 we bought our first home! I cannot believe it, I own a home!! Well technically the bank owns it but details details...ha.

But all that to say the last few years have taken a toll on me. Its just now that I am able to to take a look and see what that means. Moving to Nashville was one of the best decisions Ive ever made. I loved my time there, made some great friends and some wonderful memories. I married my best friend and left with positive thoughts and feelings for all the ups and downs that year possessed. Then the move to Lynchburg in 2008 was a mind twist. I moved to a town where I knew no one. This was Ryan's old stomping ground so it was a challenge to find myself here. There was the struggle of finding a job, finding a church, finding friends...then came the news of our baby! What does this mean to have a baby when everything else was so new and out of sorts?

But the Lord has a way of working things out...I got a job, I met some lovely ladies and well our search for the church was still in process but hopeful.
The end of 2009 we had our little girl and thoughts of a our home on the horizon. It was then that things really got a bit hard. I was no longer working. I was a full time mom. And the girls I had really connected with had some changes of their own which took them away from this town and so on...

The beginning of 2010 I was happy and sad at the same time. I missed my closest friends. The ones that lived far away were living lives that were/are different from mine. It was hard. Ryan working so hard to provide. I was feeling lost. I had no idea where "Nicci" went.

Then I realized I just had to work a bit harder.

Things worked themselves out by mid summer. We moved into our new home! I had an amazing weekend with some of my closest and dearest friends to celebrate my bff. I started running which took care of that need to be physically active. I met some more great ladies here in town...one in particular who has a son the same age as lily and just moved here from Knoxville. And finally we found a church!!!

So slowly but surely I am learning more about Nicci as a wife, mother, daughter and friend. This year feels like it has been the hardest in a lot of ways. Mainly learning to love solitude. Adjusting to having this much alone time has been a good lesson for me. I have had to face allot of things about myself that Ive been avoiding for some time. And though hard it isn't as bad as I thought it would be...but I can say that on this side of the journey.:)

In closing here are my lessons:

Being a full time mom is hard, rewarding but hard. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't a full time job. It is.

Being a wife also hard. but also one of the best things I've done! Having a support system makes all of life that much easier to embrace.

I miss dancing! But running has been a good replacement for the time being.

I love my friends. Meaningful relationships are the best. But being a mom and a wife I have little time and I will not chase after you to be my friend.

owning a home is amazing!

I don't have it all figured out.

I am easily distracted.

I still have wounds that aren't as healed as I thought.

I have allot more lessons to learn.

4 comments:

Manders said...

I love this picture.
I love you.
I love your lessons.
I am proud of you.

Ryan Thomas said...

Love this babe. Love you as well!

Ryan Thomas said...

Have no idea why it posts as ecounseling.com, but whatevs!

Rene said...

oh sweet friend. i know this has been hard, but i'm delighted all at the same time that the Lord has provided many of the things you had, up until a few years ago, only dreamed about. He is so faithful bff, so faithful, eh? love it. love you.