Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What HE gives.

Yesterday was pretty scary. I have been having some trouble breathing the last couple of days and called my OBGYN to make sure that everything was okay and just normal pregnancy stuff. They advised me to go see my family doctor as they didn't think it was normal that I would be having these sorts of issues at 31 weeks. I immediately went to the doctor and they did some basic tests. He suggested that I go to the lab and get a blood test to rule out any possibility of blood clots.
Well once I got there and did the blood test it came back positive and higher than it should be. They immediately admitted me into the ER. I was so nervous at this point. i had no real idea of what was going on accept that if I was being admitted this couldn't be a good thing. Ryan left work and came to the ER. We got sent to the back and waited on the doctor. They took a few more blood tests to rule out any other possibilities. The doctor then came in and said that it would be in our best interest to do at least an ultrasound of the legs and possibly a catscan. He explained that if I did in fact have a blood clot and it went to my lungs, I would die. He stated that the catscan would be the best way to determine if I had anything at this time but that it could possibly have some negative effects on the baby. He stated that she could be born with some mutations of cells but that is was less likely in the 3rd trimester than had this happened in the 1st trimester.
Ryan and I were left to think about it while they ordered the ultra sound for my legs. We weren't sure what was the best choice. I was terrified of hurting Lily but didn't want to risk both our lives by not doing the cat scan and possibly dying.
So we called our OB again and talked it over with them. They informed us that the risk of the cat scan was minimal in comparison to the risk of not doing it and possibly having a blood clot. So after that news we decided to do the scan.
7 hours of waiting and contemplating and praying (thank you all who prayed it meant the world to Ryan, Lily and I) the results came back negative!!!!
I was given a clean bill of health in regards to the blood clots and was able to go home. 7 hours is all it took but man that was intense. I was so thankful to the Lord that everything was ok and that we didn't have cause to worry. I know that it was the Lords hand over us and was so thankful that He was there every moment.
I came home with Ryan last night and was just resting on the couch being so thankful for another day of life and life abundantly. I have so much gratitude in my heart for the prayers of all our friends and family. For Ryan and the strength he showed in the ER. But most of all the Lords hand on me to keep me and Lily healthy and safe.

Thanks guys. I appreciate you all. Sorry if you didn't all receive the message to pray but it all happened so quickly. I know the lord heard the prayers of the people whether it was all or just one.

1 comment:

Maston said...

Wow, how scary! We are very thankful to hear that everything is ok. Also, you should post some pregnancy pictures. We want to see Baby Lily :)
Love Erin